Kent Island Marine Service and Repair Policy
- All boats received by Kent Island Marine MUST have a completed work order addressing all items of concern, and an established budget for the required repairs. Many repairs become very involved and may exceed the budget. If so the customer will be notified with an estimate for the additional repairs. All repairs quotes are estimates only and subject to change. If a repair cannot be completed within the specified budget the job will cease with the boat properly protected for storage. The customer agrees to pay the invoice and receive the repairs uncompleted which may put the boat out of service.
- All special order parts or exceeding $250.00 shall be paid for in advance in the way of a deposit on the work order. All parts are subject to availability, and maybe no longer available, obsolete or on back order. Kent Island Marine assumes no responsibility for delays related to parts. NO customer supplied parts are allowed with the exception of electronics. All new parts sold by Kent Island Marine come with the full manufacturer’s warranty. All used parts are cash, sold “as is”, with no warranty either expressed or implied and are carryout only. No returns.
- Kent Island Marine makes no promises regarding completion dates. Weather, corrosion, parts, degree of difficulty and work load all can play a role in major delays. Owner is responsible for having holding tank pumped prior to winterizing.
- Any attempted customer repairs on a Kent Island Marine service shall void any and all warranties for that repair.
- All personal property shall be removed from the vessel prior to delivery to Kent Island Marine and we accept no responsibility for lost or stolen items. We will care for your boat as if it were our own while it is in our care and custody. The trailer shall be locked.
- Kent Island Marine pledges to provide the finest service possible, high quality parts and a clean boat on completion. We stand behind our work and take a great deal of pride in a job well done. If the customer should have any concerns or questions regarding the services performed you should contact us immediately.
- All payments and balances for services, parts or repairs are due upon notification of completion with no exceptions. If payment is not received within 15 days, a 3% service fee will be added to your invoice. This fee will be assessed on the first of every month and shall be assessed on the total unpaid balance (which may include service fees from previous assessments). We accept Cash, Checks and all Major Credit Cards. Kent Island Marine has a labor rate of $110.00 per hour, a $20.00 shop charge and parts are at catalog retail. All road service calls are $50.00 per visit on Kent Island and $110.00 per hour travel time each way to Grasonville/Queenstown with a 1-hour minimum at $110.00. Returned check fee $35.00. All boats left after 15 days of completion of repairs will be charged $20.00 per day storage in addition to the original invoice.
- All Venture trailers are custom built specifically for your boat. KIM submits a build sheet to Venture with your make, model, engine, fuel and water capacities as well as many specific measurements. Venture validates that we have selected the correct trailer for your boat or may suggest a different model that would be better suited to your dimensions and weight. Once the order is finalized, Venture puts us in a production cue. Average build time is 2 to 4 weeks depending on their production load. Most trailers arrive in 10 to 14 business days. KIM does not guarantee a delivery date and once the trailer is paid for and the order has been placed, there are no cancellations or refunds.
- I have read, understand and agree to the above Kent Island Marine policies. This policy applies to this and all future work orders. The ONLY promise Kent Island Marine makes is a job well done!